1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Natural science in preschools

Discussion in 'Science' started by danijelasimunov, Feb 26, 2012.

1. I am a preschool teacher in Serbia and I am working on my final dissertation.
    I would like to ask for advice from teachers in western European countries regarding the subject of natural science.
    I am paricularly interested in the areas of approach and methodics, and would be most grateful for any advice.

2. I am a preschool teacher in Serbia and I am working on my final dissertation.
    I would like to ask for advice from teachers in western European countries regarding the subject of natural science.
    I am paricularly interested in the areas of approach and methodics, and would be most grateful for any advice.

3. I have worked with teachers in a variety of countries and the main problem we have had has been defining what we mean. In some places they teach science, chemistry and physics (so science = biology) whereas other teach biology and science (so science = chemistry and physics).
    I guess "natural science" and "pre-school" means "biology for under 4y olds". If I'm wrong (sorry I can't help - I'm secondary =11y to 18y old) you can easily add a longer explanation for those who might help.
    Good luck.