1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Natural acne treatments?

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Mrs Mo, Mar 22, 2011.

1. I seem to recall that my brother had some kind of sun lamp treatment for teenage acne - this was back in the 1970s.
    My daughter has acne and uses DUAC on prescription, which is quite mild.

2. copycat

copycat Occasional commenter

I went to a Chinese herbalist (the ones that are in shopping centres) and after a consultation was given a load of tablets to take . It was expensive but the results were amazing.

3. lrw22

lrw22 Established commenter

I suffer quite badly from acne and have had all sorts of creams on prescription. The most success I have had is when I have taken a couple of Evening Primrose Oil capsules everyday.

4. I'll definitely give evening primrose a go.
    I'm a bit scared how vegetarian friendly chinese herbal medicine is after reading about some of the ingredients which are commonly used, but I may give that a go too. I've heard good things about it in terms of treating other skin conditions.
    Thanks for the ideas.

5. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

I'm afraid nothing worked ofr me until I tried Roaccutane. It took five months of treatment and some very very dry, chapped lips, but it worked and (touch wood) it hasn't returned except for a few small breakouts here and there.

6. Too much drugs/prescriptions really affects us. =) Acne is really hard to handle, it affects our day to day life. But despite of this, there is also a treatment. Why don't you try some natural treatment, like natural acne treatment, some food supplments, herbal medicine. I think natural remedies is healthy. =)