1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

National Tutoring Programme

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by millypad1980, Jul 13, 2020.

1. millypad1980

millypad1980 New commenter

Hi,

Does anyone know which agencies/companies are recruiting for the NTP?

I’ve google searched it but can’t find any info. There was an advertisement on Reed’s website for casual tutors with QTS but it’s not part of the NTP.

I’m keen to do more tutoring from Sep as I work part-time but just can’t find any information about it.

sebedina likes this.
  2. bramblesarah

bramblesarah Occasional commenter

Sorry I don't have any info about this. We can't post names of agencies anyway. I imagine they will use TA's and it will be £40 a day for 5 'group' intervention which will become full classes.

Kandahar likes this.
  3. gainly

gainly Star commenter

I suspect it will be like many other initiatives such as Johnson's "huge amount of catch up over the summer." In other words nothing will actually happen.

4. Isoceles

Isoceles New commenter

I think I have just been drafted into this. 20 weeks work, 3 hours on Saturday from September to do exam skills with yr 11.

5. adamcreen

adamcreen Occasional commenter

Pearson have asked their marking team if they want to take part. The Tutors Association are very ready to say they are a "professional" body who should be given the gig.

6. gainly

gainly Star commenter

I bet year 11 will love that!

langteacher likes this.
  7. millypad1980

millypad1980 New commenter

How were you recruited for this please? Was it through an agency?

8. Jolly_Roger15

Jolly_Roger15 Star commenter

I expect it will be something like the government's appeal for retired health workers to help with the Covid crisis, about which those who expressed an interest heard nothing more.

I have been contacted by a few agencies, some of whom are using it as an excuse to sell 'preparation courses', but nothing has happened after the initial contact.

Smoke and mirrors!

cwilson1983 likes this.
  9. gainly

gainly Star commenter

Yes that makes sense, much of the money will be siphoned off by Pearson instead of going to the people doing the actual tutoring.

10. lucylollipop

lucylollipop Occasional commenter

Hello, I was contacted by a supply agency yesterday (I gave up supply in 2019) asking if I would work in September and would I like long term work throughout the 20/21 academic year as part of the National Tutoring Programme.