1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NATIONAL TREE WEEK

Discussion in 'Primary' started by JosieWhitehead, Nov 17, 2011.

1. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Star commenter

Did you know that National Tree Week 2011 is from 26 November until 4 December 2011? Many schools are taking part in this week and one of the things that they are doing is to donate a tree which the children can plant in their school grounds, and watch it grow.

I am a retired teacher and children's poet, and I've put about six poems on my website to do with trees. Some of the poems are just funny story poems, but I've just written a new one called "Leaves" which tells children in rhyming verse why trees have leaves and why they fall off in autumn. Google JOSIE'S POEMS and if you go to the main poetry index, you will see "Tree Index". I'm afraid I've written so many poems in the last five years (almost 900 now) that I've had to divide them into many many indexes to help you to find them, ha ha. I've also produced an E-book containing 34 poems for children and this only costs £6. It means that you can project the poems onto your classroom screens and the whole class can focus on them. They can also be printed off, if you would like this, so that the children have copies. Compared to buying 30 books for a classroom, this is quite cheap I think. Do come and say hello in my guestbook and meet me on my website. Josie