1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

National Strategies

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by ClaireV22, Aug 18, 2011.

1. I am starting my pre course tasks (Leeds Maths Secondary) , and need to access the National Strategies website - which is now hosted by the National Archives - the links I need are no longer working.
    Has anybody a working version of the website stored? I also need a copy of the Rose Report (Literacy) this is also with the National Archives but I haven't been able to find a copy of this.

Apart from this I received my registration documents today - and the timetable for the first day !!! Very exciting, only three weeks to go.

2. quietlydetermined

quietlydetermined New commenter

www.teachfind.com

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Now I did secondary maths at Leeds but back in the days where there were no such things as pre course tasks, except to spend a couple of weeks in a primary school.

I had a fabulous time and loved every minute of it, but life was easier then as there was a massive shortage of maths teachers. So long as you didn't have a criminal record as long as your arm, three heads or a degree in something non-mathematical then you were on the course.

Have a great time and relax, it is only teaching!

Oh and skive the pre-course tasks unless you need to hand them in. Schools are not generally using the strategies now (hence the archiving) and the Rose review is also considered old hat by many.

4. We have to hand in 1500 words on the first day. No skiving possibilities there. I haven't written as essay since A Levels (shhh 20 years ago) .
    I am looking forward to it so much - hopefully the relaxing will come at some point - not there yet though.

Thanks

5. Thanks for the teachfind website - very useful and a new one for me!