1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

National strategies-where are they going?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by NQTabroad, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Hello all,
    I have been having fierce trouble with the links on the strategies site, Some are broken and some are working. The broken ones are not being fixed like they say it will be on the site. What are we supposed to do if we can't access the primary framework? Is it saved somewhere else?
    I asked SLT and they just said the strategies are on the way out and nothing has come to replace it so we have got to keep using them. That didn t exactly answer my question about how can I get the information about each unit and follow and plan for the phases.
    I am moving to new year group and I am getting into a right flap about it [​IMG] I just want to know what I have to teach next year as I assume this new framework won't appear over night.
    So what should I do?

2. Hello all,
    I have been having fierce trouble with the links on the strategies site, Some are broken and some are working. The broken ones are not being fixed like they say it will be on the site. What are we supposed to do if we can't access the primary framework? Is it saved somewhere else?
    I asked SLT and they just said the strategies are on the way out and nothing has come to replace it so we have got to keep using them. That didn t exactly answer my question about how can I get the information about each unit and follow and plan for the phases.
    I am moving to new year group and I am getting into a right flap about it [​IMG] I just want to know what I have to teach next year as I assume this new framework won't appear over night.
    So what should I do?

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

4. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

Don't expect any new framework to appear.
    It was never statutory, and many schools chose not to use it at all. You are free to continue using it if you feel it is the best thing available for your children, or you can go your own way.