1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

National Science & Engineering Week

Discussion in 'Science' started by anon1369, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Has anyone planned anything to do in school for this week? I have been put in charge of organising it for the whole department and I am trying to come up with some good ideas.
    I have checked out the official website but didn't find it much use to be honest.
    Any ideas would be much appreciated.
    Thanks [​IMG]

2. Has anyone planned anything to do in school for this week? I have been put in charge of organising it for the whole department and I am trying to come up with some good ideas.
    I have checked out the official website but didn't find it much use to be honest.
    Any ideas would be much appreciated.
    Thanks [​IMG]

3. Hi there
    we use the theme as a basis and plan a series of lessons that can delivered to KS3 classes in their normal science lesson time. This year we are getting pupils in years 7 + 8 building, testing and improving rubber band cars, while year 9s are building windmills and seeing how changing the number + size of sails affects the electricity generated. They both take a bit of advance planning but should be fun.

If you get them working in small groups and have small prizes/certs at the end it can generate quite a bit of excitement.
    Have fun!

4. mousey80

mousey80 Occasional commenter

5. alessio

alessio Administrator

Hi,
    have you seen our new National Science and Engineering Week collection? https://www.tes.co.uk/article.aspx?storyCode=6179070
    I hope this helps!
    Alessio (TES Science Subject Lead).