1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

National Poetry Day - 1 October 2020

Discussion in 'Education news' started by JosieWhitehead, Sep 30, 2020.

1. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Star commenter

As both a retired teacher and also a prolific poet who writes for all age groups, I have been involved in writing poems on the subject of 'Vision' for tomorrow. I have said: ' I speak of my VISION for the future and this word is an abstract noun, of course, and it relates to my HOPES. Even if you were building a house you would need vision and also hope in your mind and heart, I would think. I really do have the vision and also the hope that we will get through this very difficult time in our lives and that for all of us, our vision for tomorrow and also our hopes, will be for a better world where people are more caring towards each other and towards our Planet Earth. I hope this comes through in my poem because I thought a lot about this subject before writing it.

What is your vision for the future for us all?

2. Morninglover

Morninglover Star commenter

Given Covid-19, Brexit and Global Warming, you need a poet with the joie de vivre and optimism of the late Philip Larkin.

Maybe one like this:

[​IMG]