1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

National Insurance when employed abroad.

Discussion in 'Vocational' started by HULK123, Jul 20, 2020.

  1. HULK123

    HULK123 New commenter


    I'm looking to sign off the NI38 application form so i can continue to pay my Voluntary NI.

    From the blub below, I understand I must pay Class one for 1 year then move onto Class 2 or 3.

    Does anyone know exactly how much i will pay for Class one and two?

    "If you’re employed abroad When you’re employed abroad, Class 1 NICs must be paid for the first 52 weeks you’re there, if you meet the following conditions: • your employer has a place of business in the UK • you’re ‘ordinarily resident’ in the UK (see below) • you were resident in the UK immediately before starting the employment abroad"
  2. phatsals

    phatsals Senior commenter

    Class 1 is around £750 for the year, Class 2 £156.

Share This Page