1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

National Curriculum Frameworks

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by EmmaVM, Feb 25, 2012.

1. EmmaVM

EmmaVM New commenter

Hi All,
    I am living and working abroad but attempting a BA as a distance learner as a route into teaching. My degree is with a UK Uni and so naturally relates to the UK NC. Does anyone have advice on how to get a good overview of how all the Schemes of work and the planning blocks (A-E units 1-3 etc etc) fit together? I last worked in a UK school 5 years ago, so the recent changes are giving me a headache when I look for lesson ideas. Nothing is the same as I remember it from my HLTA days of PPA cover so finding links between our IB PYP curriculum and the NC is proving less than straight forward.
    Thanks for any advice

2. EmmaVM

EmmaVM New commenter

Hi All,
    I am living and working abroad but attempting a BA as a distance learner as a route into teaching. My degree is with a UK Uni and so naturally relates to the UK NC. Does anyone have advice on how to get a good overview of how all the Schemes of work and the planning blocks (A-E units 1-3 etc etc) fit together? I last worked in a UK school 5 years ago, so the recent changes are giving me a headache when I look for lesson ideas. Nothing is the same as I remember it from my HLTA days of PPA cover so finding links between our IB PYP curriculum and the NC is proving less than straight forward.
    Thanks for any advice