1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

National Curricula UK

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by StBernard, Mar 12, 2012.

1. A UK charity has commissioned me to write some cross-curricular lesson plans for 11-16 year olds (which is not a problem). However, they want specific links to be made to the National Curricula for Scotland, Northern Ireland and England and Wales. Does anyone know of a simple, quick reference guide I could get hold of to check subjects and levels for the different countries?

2. A UK charity has commissioned me to write some cross-curricular lesson plans for 11-16 year olds (which is not a problem). However, they want specific links to be made to the National Curricula for Scotland, Northern Ireland and England and Wales. Does anyone know of a simple, quick reference guide I could get hold of to check subjects and levels for the different countries?

3. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

Do you seriously think it's possible to write these lesson plans in any meaningful way if you need to ask for help? Either you know what your talking about or you shouldn't accept the commission.

4. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

It wasn't necessarily a request for help, just a query if anyone knew of a quick reference guide. Is nobody allowed to work these days unless they know everything about everything?!
    Good luck with them StB, I'm sure they'll be fabulous when they're finished. x

5. I am sitting on that virtual fence and agree with both previous comments. Having written stuff for different curricula and in different countries of the world the only thing i can suggest is that you have to sit down with each curriculum and read them through. That way you will have a better understanding of each countries needs.