1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

National Context in regards to children with EAL

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Billiep, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Billiep

Billiep New commenter

I'm in my final year of training to be a primary school teacher, therefore I'm writing the 'dreaded' dissertation that I imagine most of you remember writing or are writing yourself.

My dissertation is to do with teachers knowledge of resources for children with EAL alongside the use of their first language. I was just wondering what the national context would be for this? I've written about the current increase of children with EAL joining our education system but what else?

Thank you :)

2. MrMedia

MrMedia Star commenter

You need to evaluate what the provision is that has been made at national level - NC, DofE, OfSTED and non-statutory advisory notes. You should also cite official figures and projections. Once that has been established you can evaluate what the local (i.e. school) context and response has been to the national context.