1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

National Average for Maths 2011?

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by laurajane7, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find the national average for this years Maths GCSE results? This year our results have improved so much I want to see where we compare nationally

Thanks

2. Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find the national average for this years Maths GCSE results? This year our results have improved so much I want to see where we compare nationally

Thanks

3. pwc9000

pwc9000 New commenter

4. Thanks, that's great

5. Molesworth2

Molesworth2 New commenter

6. pencho

pencho New commenter

You need to be careful because the BBC figures and JCQ figures include all results. Schools are often more often interested in how Y11 students did. These figures usually come out later in the raise online you get.

7. Maths_Mike

Maths_Mike New commenter

I think this is a very intresting point - we all know the exam boards fudge the grade boundaries to ensure a nice distribution of results and a slightly increase from last year.
    However the increasing numbers of early entries and there have been very significant increases in recent years actually provides even more reason that as a percentgae of total entries the number passing should actually have dropped slightly (based on the assumption that yeear 10 students are less likely to be at their peak than year 11)
    Another good reason why these early entries should be stopped?
    In other words the more weak students you enter the lower the boundaries will be regardless of waht year group and the fact the get another go in year 11.