1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

National 5 maths scheme of work & resources

Discussion in 'Scotland - curriculum' started by skeeley, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Hi

I need to write a scheme of work for the National 5 maths course. I thought i could get a word document of the course requirements from the SQA but alas all of their documents seem to be in PDF form. Ive emailed them 3 times to request a word version but to no avail. I wondered if anyone had the full course requirements to share? I cant believe its not available. I would be grateful for any help.

in terms of resources im more than happy to share stuff i can find but does that get shared in 'teaching resources?'

2. Flyonthewall75

Flyonthewall75 New commenter

Sorry, I can't help you with the course requirements but software is available to export a PDF file to Microsoft Word (Rich Text Format) or Microsoft Word (DocX Format).

The fonts, spacing and other formatting can be lost in the exporting process but, at least, you should be able to copy and paste the text into your scheme of work.

It's possible that your school, or education department, may already have access to software for creating, and exporting, PDF files.

I hope this helps.

3. hi yes, i've resorted to doing this but as the formatting is lost it's pain. thank you for your suggestion.

once I have done this i will post it up - seems pointless anyone else going through this pain!

4. Bensusan

Bensusan New commenter

Select and copy from the PDF file and paste into a word document. Should work.