1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

National 3 Lifeskills Maths - practice assessmnets / re-sits

Discussion in 'Scotland - curriculum' started by ryangn09, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get a hold of re-sits or practice papers for the Nat 3 lifeskills assessments. I'm weary of creating them myself incase they do not pass external scrutiny.

Ryan

2. lookinglost

lookinglost New commenter

Practise questions can be found on the SQA solar site, resit questions can be made for most of the outcomes by changing the numbers. Google might provide you with some 'practise papers'. But screw all that hassle and just do it all on Solar. Much, much easier. If you don't know what Solar is I suggest you or whoever's responsible for assessments in your school finds out, it will save you a lot of hassle in the long run.

By the way, using practice papers in the public domain would be a major area of concern when it came down to verification and you would be failed for it I think.

3. Agree, the resources for this course are rubbish.

The sqa solar website gives "practice assessments" online which are very low quality and have a very small number of questions (some of which are pretty dubious)

Everyone knows that the way to pass tests is to practice tests- with Highers and National 5 etc there are hundreds of practice questions and previous papers available, however with National 3 there is virtually nothing, only very very poor stuff from SQA.

Do not agree with lookinglost at all, why should National 3 practice papers be "area of concern" but Higher papers not?

And as for solar....

SQA up your game - teachers only have limited time - if all Higher teachers had to prepare all the practice papers there would be a national outcry.