1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NATE magazine

Discussion in 'English' started by sunflower48, Dec 20, 2011.

1. sunflower48

sunflower48 New commenter

Does anyone subscribe to this? Is it worth it?
    I would be grateful for any insight into the content of the magazine and its benefits.
    Maybe a late Christmas present!

2. sunflower48

Does anyone subscribe to this? Is it worth it?
    I would be grateful for any insight into the content of the magazine and its benefits.
    Maybe a late Christmas present!

3. Yes it is worth it. There are a couple of magazines that come with membership of NATE. Classroom covers issues related to English and the classroom and covers both primary and secondary. English, Media and Drama has good ideas in it. Both these are article based, so you get an idea of how various projects and ideas have been put into practice by teachers. Finally, there is English in Education which is more academic in its approach. ONly problem I have is finding the time to read them. However, I try to make it an essential task as I feel it connects me and my teaching beyond the school and gives me a wider perspective on English teaching.

4. sleepyhead

sleepyhead New commenter

NATE is for life, not just for Christmas!
    As ArthurDent says, there are always loads of useful ideas in thepublications, but NATE membership is really more than just the magazines. As well as the new ones, you'll get access to all of the past editions, the publications (many of which members get at a reduced price) and lots of opportunities for excellent CPD.
    I can't recommend it highly enough.

5. sunflower48

Thanks Sleephead, I love your NATE is for life, not just for Christmas! Especially as I would not have a dog for life let along Christmas!!!!

Thanks also ArthurDent. I appreciate both your comments and will probably subscribe now.

Merry Christmas!