1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NASUWT supply standing for election

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by Lara mfl 05, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Yes but it won't be long before that baby's in school and you'll be wanting to get back to teaching. So may still be worth voting for him?

2. I ain't going back - tired of being sold down the river and viewed as the scum of the earth for being a supply... plus economically with work being how it is - it ain't worth it, and as for full-time - not putting my family behind a classful of kids and parents who just don't care and hate everything school stands for.
    I'd take a job at Macdonalds over going back into teaching the state it's in (especially supply).

3. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

I think the supply guy is Scottish is he not? They have different sensible rules in Scotland about covering teacher absence, like they have different sensible rules about most things up there. I wonder if he'll actually be aware of supply problems south of the border? He's got my vote anyway.

4. I'd take a job at Macdonalds over going back into teaching the state it's in (especially supply).

Says it all really. How sad.

5. Boba Fett

Boba Fett New commenter

I applied for a job at Macdonalds once I didnt get it presumably . . . . becuase I was a supply teacher

6. I've clawed out a longer decent existence on supply than many with the march of the unqualified - but whereas last year started out grim and got bearable, this year is utterly beyond anything - I'm fed up with it now finally, fed up with agencies lying, fed up with getting established with one set of consultants for them to move on, fed up with the smarm and the fob-offs, fed up with thinking you're doing OK in a school to be chucked away like a piece of rubbish, and fed up with being the subhuman amoeban pondscum of the teaching universe and betrayed by the unions.
    The final straw for me, when I knew there was no hope of continuing the supply existence was when the agency I always got on well with and was regarded with have got me no work since September yet claim to be frantically busy - and then asked me to do free trials and work for nothing... after years of getting by - it's not sustainable anymore and I'm no longer content to smile sweetly while cover supervisors needing to be taught their times tables by their primary aged children profit at my misfortune.
    So yeah - if needs be - I'll go work minimum wage somewhere... least then you know you're getting paid at the end of the week.

7. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

...and they got a Cover Supervisor to do it instead? After all, they know the chips and are qualified for burger all ;-)