1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NASUWT says 68,000 BME teachers needed.

Discussion in 'Education news' started by Mr_Ed, Jul 13, 2017.

1. MonMothma

MonMothma Lead commenter

It's very frustrating.

2. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

I could have sworn I was posting on a thread titled:

NASUWT says 68,000 BME teachers needed.

:confused:

3. Orkadia

Orkadia New commenter

You're right and I am clearly wrong.

MonMothma likes this.
  4. Orkadia

Orkadia New commenter

Smithy84 likes this.
  5. MonMothma

MonMothma Lead commenter

:)

6. Smithy84

Smithy84 New commenter

Lol... You've come on this thread said that black teachers don't face racism Because you've never seen it and then caim that an entire group of people who make a positive contribution to this country are whiners?

Unbelievable. People reading this will realise just how much of a racist you are. I have more respect for actual racists than you. At least they have the courage to call me a n****er to my face unlike you being a coward.

7. Smithy84

Smithy84 New commenter

Poor excuse... People think you're a waste of space hence why they are disagreeing with you. You are the real troll..

8. Smithy84

Smithy84 New commenter

You haven't answered any questions...

All you've done is say there's no racism Because you haven't heard or seen it. Do you realise just how insane that sounds?

9. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

I may not always agree with Frank but one thing that I do know is that he is not a troll.

Laphroig, wanet and Oscillatingass like this.
  10. MonMothma

MonMothma Lead commenter

No. He just doesn't get it. And that's fair enough. It's very hard to get it if you haven't experienced it. If you haven't experienced everyday discrimination of any form, if you haven't experienced 'othering', it can be really hard to accept that it exists and what form it takes.

When you have experienced it, it really helps you appreciate that other people also experience different forms of discrimination that you are probably not aware of.

I've experienced it. I know what it's like. And I have no doubt that many people on here have experienced some form of discrimination.

11. Smithy84

Smithy84 New commenter

This is the point that multiple people have been trying to get through to Frank's head but he refuses to believe it. How anyone doesn't see a problem with that is beyond belief. He seems to think his ground breaking evidence aka hes never seen racism is enough to conclusively say racism is not an issue.

12. Smithy84

Smithy84 New commenter

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2009/nov/06/race-discrimination-teaching-profession-nasuwt

Extract

'Some 44% of the teachers quizzed said they had suffered discrimination because of their ethnicity and 70% said it was harder for teachers from ethnic minorities to become headteachers than it was for white teachers'

'Almost two-thirds of African teachers said they had faced discrimination, compared with two-fifths of Pakistani teachers and a third of Indian and Caribbean teachers'

Anything to say about this Frank? Maybe it's not true because you didn't see it :rolleyes:

13. FrankWolley

You clearly haven't read what I've written - or, worryingly, have read it and didn't understand.

For example I replied to this post (my highlighting in bold):

Well, apart from the fact I've never claimed to be black (!), I can honestly say I haven't heard such comments...Not from other teachers. But I never said racism doesn't exist. My main point was about the incorrect use of statistics and the misleading figures used by the NASUWT.

But I think some posters here have an agenda, and are determined to follow it whatever the truth.

14. Orkadia

Orkadia New commenter

You denied the experience that has been shared with you many times on this topic by using the fact that you never heard about it. Fair enough if you did not hear or recognise such comments, but you implied several times that because you did not hear these comments, it was not true.

What is misleading about the figures?

15. Smithy84

Smithy84 New commenter

Can't seem to find your answer to the following that I've asked before.

1) do you believe racism exist in schools against BME teachers?
    2) do you think BME teachers have valid concerns about discrimination and racism
    3) what examples of racism have you personally seen?

I just want answers to those simple quesrions. I'm sure many of the readers would like to know your position. Just answer the questions and stop creating smokescreens

16. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

I am not disagreeing with you. What I am doing is defending him from a poster calling him a troll.

17. FrankWolley

I'm not your performing monkey. And I don't like your tone of voice.

You can find the answers to questions 1 & 2 in my other posts, and I'm choosing not to answer no. 3, though if you search enough of my posts on this forum you will find an answer, in part, at least.

18. Smithy84

Smithy84 New commenter

1) do you believe racism exist in schools against BME teachers?

Your answer: No

2) do you think BME teachers have valid concerns about discrimination and racism

3) what examples of racism have you personally seen?

Summarised for you based on previous posts. How you can claim your not a racist is shocking.

19. FrankWolley

Yeah - is this best you can do?

[​IMG]

20. Orkadia

Orkadia New commenter

Please ignore him as it is a sterile conversation with him. You are losing your energy and playing his game.

Smithy84 likes this.