1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NASUWT says 68,000 BME teachers needed.

Discussion in 'Education news' started by Mr_Ed, Jul 13, 2017.

1. MonMothma

MonMothma Lead commenter

But TBH, you're irrelevant. You are not part of the audience I make such comments for.
    Because you don't get it and don't want to get it. So there's no point trying to persuade you.

Change comes from people who are affected and who stand up for themselves and campaign.
    It doesn't come from people with your attitude.

2. Orkadia

Orkadia New commenter

The fact that this is how you contribute to such an interesting topic that way because you are not happy about the way she/he dressed the way they talk is very sad. Why not just move on and stay on topic? What are you adding? Are you not doing what you blamed someone else for?

3. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

You have no idea about my attitude - except that I don't take kindly to trolling by m0rons such as you.

Can I suggest you get on a soapbox and start ranting at passers by on your local street...Because as sure as hell you aren't going to persuade anybody of anything here.

Jesmond12 likes this.
  4. Mr_Ed

Mr_Ed Established commenter

Yes I do, so calm down dear.

Recently, on here and in the real world I expounded the theory that Hilary Clinton and Theresa May had both struggled in their elections because they were women, as female voters often form 'views' about other women that have nothing to do with politics. Is this casual sexism?

For the record, both here and in the discussion with my (female) colleagues, I was told that I made a valid point.

5. FrankWolley

I asked a reasonable question in post #15. Instead of a discussion I received slurs and accusations.

So I'm responding in kind.

PS I suspect several of the posters on this thread are one and the same person. I'm not sure if they are a troll or perhaps a member of an extreme right wing organisation spreading fake news...or maybe just intellectually challenged.

Laphroig and sabrinakat like this.
  6. MonMothma

MonMothma Lead commenter

I'm not trying to persuade you. Sorry for making you think I was. I know you probably think you were the intended audience - I'm guessing that must come naturally to you thinking you are important and can fix things.

Maybe you should listen to people who have experienced everyday sexism and racism - and don't dismiss them just because they speak to you in tones you don't like.

7. MonMothma

MonMothma Lead commenter

Worse than that. I'm a feminist.

8. MonMothma

MonMothma Lead commenter

Straight, white and male?

The easiest life setting, isn't it....

9. MonMothma

MonMothma Lead commenter

Or maybe there are many people who DON't AGREE with you and prepared to challenge you?

I know, radical idea. There are people who are prepared to challenge others. It speaks volumes about you that you suspect that it's one person.

slingshotsally likes this.
  10. FrankWolley

Lots of people disagree with me here - I have not problem with that. Shame you don't know how to argue/debate/communicate. Heaven help us if you are employed in education....

You're not succeeding at persuading me, or most other readers here, I'd guess. Why contribute to an education website if you just want to talk to those few who agree with you?

Yawn.....

Self-pitying does very little to win friends and influence people...

Bully for you.... Back in the mid-1960s I might have been impressed...

11. slingshotsally

slingshotsally Star commenter

It's like this in schools too.

MonMothma likes this.
  12. MonMothma

MonMothma Lead commenter

Says you who posted a picture about engaging brain before mouth and a picture of Obama yawning.

A masterclass of communication.
    Typical of people who troll and dismiss feminists.

13. MonMothma

MonMothma Lead commenter

So I'm guessing you don't think sexism exists.

But if it does, you would like women to be nice to you when they discuss their experiences.

F*** that.

14. MonMothma

MonMothma Lead commenter

Yeah. Much better if teachers are people who have no experience of racism or sexism and aren't prepared to listen to people who have experienced it.

Sorry - people who are ONLY prepared to listen if they are spoken to nicely by the person experiencing it.

15. FrankWolley

In the interests of equality, let me say you make me feel like this:

[​IMG]

16. FrankWolley

It's OK, you win.

I won't contribute to your nauseating load of pooh again.

17. MonMothma

MonMothma Lead commenter

But it's true. People who haven't experienced sexism and racism are often unlikely to believe people who have experienced it. They are blind to it. They think that society has moved on and because they haven't seen it.

And people who have experienced it are angry. And angry people get angry when people don't believe them.

And when they do call it out, they are dismissed. Told to calm down. Told to stop being hysterical. Have people put dismissive images up.

But when someone who belongs to the priviilged group calls something out, they are praised and lauded. See Andy Murray for example.

I suppose some people don't want to give up their position of privilege.

18. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

19. MonMothma

MonMothma Lead commenter

Isn't it just.....
    I wonder who is most likely to have experience of racism or sexism?

See above

vinnie24 likes this.
  20. Smithy84

Smithy84 New commenter

You seem to have a hard time grasping the fact that many people actually stand against racism. You're not naive to think only 1 person on TES cares about racial equality?

You're mindset is immediately defensive and you fail to acknowledge any concerns raised by BME teachers in any of your posts. You might think your not racist because you don't say overtly racist comments however, if you fail to acknowledge that racism affects BME teachers to this day then you're no different from the BNP supporters. Thr only difference is you're a teacher using decoy language to mask your subconscious racism. Take a long hard look at the mirror, you are part of the problem not the solution.