1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NASENCO Qualification with Real Training

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by rebeccaracecar, Jun 18, 2020.

1. rebeccaracecar

rebeccaracecar New commenter

I am teaching internationally and do not want to complete the iSENCO course as I will be moving back to the UK soon. I was wondering if anyone has completed the online NASENCO course with Real Training? How was it?
    Or can you recommend a different completely online provider for the course?
    Thank you in advance.

2. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

If you trawl back through the threads( SENCO plus training or thereabouts ) you will find references to training courses including those delivered by the provider you mention.

3. JaneyEm27

JaneyEm27 New commenter

I am starting my iSENCO course with them in September: bear in mind that you can do a "top up" module for free to convert the iSENCO course to the NASENCO one once you finish.

(Can't speak to the quality: it is the only one my school will let me do during Covid.)

4. rbr3

rbr3 New commenter

Real Training online was very good - much better than Includ-Ed! I did my NASenco a few years ago and I must say that whilst it was quite interesting and useful, it doesn’t really include the details we need as SENCos, namely EHCPs, Access Arrangements, Local Authorities, Tribunals etc. But focuses on learning styles and case studies.

5. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

I don’t think the Award was ever intended to be practical ? I suspect it was a vehicle to illustrate the capacity to reflect critically on the rôle whilst embracing the opportunity to read, research and write at Masters level - higher order thinking if you like.

Flanks and Wotton like this.