1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Naric qualifications--how to document actual years of teaching

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by MsBunnell, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Hello everyone,
    Am new to the board and I am in the process of getting my qualifications reviewed by NARIC. My question is: How do I document the actual years of teaching and all the professional development classes I've taken? I actually have a print out from my Human Resources of all the classes, but I am unsure if it will suffice.
    From what I have read in this forum the more documents I send in, the better my chances of getting QTS.

Any bit of advice will be greatly appreciated,
    Nikki

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Hi there, newbie!
    Glad to have you on the forum, but I am afraid that I am not going to be any use to you at all!!
    I have no idea what NARIC is, I do not understand anyway quite what you mean, do not know what they require you to do and how to do it, and know nothing, but nothing, at all about acquiring QTS through non-course means.
    I did warn you that I would be totally useless to you!
    I'm afraid that this is a Forum about job applications, not about getting QTS. I can only suggest that you try to contact NARIC directly (if NARIC is actually something that you can contact), and ask them to help you out.
    Best wishes

3. Theo,
    Thanks for the response! I guess I have to explain myself and the NARIC query. I will be moving to London with my husband in the summer and as an OTT the first step for me is to get my qualifications reviewed and translated. This being said, I have found many useful liknks on this message board alone.
    Hoping someone can help me before I send in my paperwork.

Nikki

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

A nice gentleman from NARIC has got in touch with us and given us this information:
    Good Afternoon
    I’ve just seen the conversation about NARIC on the TES website https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/t/567695.aspx and I thought I would help a bit.[/i]
    UK NARIC is the National Agency responsible for providing information and advice on vocational, academic and professional skills and qualifications from all over the world. More information is available at www.naric.org.uk.[/i]
    As far as teachers are concerned we have been asked by the TDA (as was) to provide a statement which confirms not only the comparable level of the award, but also the individual’s right to teach in the country of their qualification, i.e. if an individual presents us with an Australian Bachelor of Education that this would allow them to teach in Australia. The statement we provide then enables schools and colleges to be able to make a better informed judgement of whether they should employ the individual in question. [/i]
    In the example above, I would suggest that the individual get in contact with us direct through info@naric.org.uk
    So there you have it, straight from the horse's mouth!
    Best wishes