1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Nandi Bushell versus Dave Grohl

Discussion in 'Personal' started by artboyusa, Sep 15, 2020.

1. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

Nandi Bushell is a 10 year old kid from Ipswich who challenged Dave Grohl to a drum off...

Dave accepted the challenge...

And then he conceded. And wrote a song for her.

2. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Love Nandi Bushell. She is phenomenal. She started at the age of 2-even then, she was excellent.
    She interviewed on "Ellen" (last year, dunno) and explained how she has to scream whilst drumming.
    You'd think that watching a really young kid playing the drums would be the hyped indulgence of a passing reality show trend, and the screaming would be the triteness of something her parents tearily explain to the violins and the cameras as therapy, but no-watching her, she is the ultimate in feel good and I hope the music industry will never corrupt that.
    Watch her on stage with Lenny Kravitz-watch him step back

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    SeanbheanMac, chelsea2 and artboyusa like this.
  3. shakes1616

shakes1616 Established commenter

Mozart springs to mind.

4. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

Love to see how much joy she brings to her playing.

5. SeanbheanMac

SeanbheanMac New commenter

I'd never heard of her before seeing this - she's awesome! Thanks @artboyusa

artboyusa likes this.
  6. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

I enjoyed that, a lot.

artboyusa likes this.
  7. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

She's cuter than a bug's ear and super talented but her talent doesn't belong to her yet. The unselfconscious genius of childhood usually doesn't survive into maturity. Sometimes it does (Mozart, Picasso, Yehudi Menuhin, Stevie Wonder) but more often not. Fingers crossed for Nandi.

8. SeanbheanMac

SeanbheanMac New commenter

Definitely! She seems to have the perfect mix of pure talent and a deep love for her craft - and has clearly put in a lot of work on the technical side. If she's playing like this now imagine what she'll be like as an adult. I'll keep my ProMarks crossed indeed :D

artboyusa likes this.
  9. LiveToWin

LiveToWin Established commenter

She is very good. But to be fair to Dave, he can play guitar as well.......