1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Naming individual teachers in an annual report to governors

Discussion in 'Governors' started by Gimenez2010, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Gimenez2010

Gimenez2010 New commenter

The leader of our team has produced an annual report to our governors. In the report 4 individual teachers were mentioned in a positive light but there was no mention at all of the excellent work performed by all other members. We all received a copy.

I would have thought it unprofessional to mention an any names as it could be interpreted as divisive. Our leader is a wonderful professional that we all regard with the highest esteem so this comes as a real surprise

Am I wrong to hold on to this belief or is it common practice ?

2. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

Y
    Well I don't agree with you. No-one must be praised for anything in case it hurts the self-esteem of those not mentioned? Everyone must be a winner? Is your school stuck in a 1970s timewarp?

Not sure why you've directed the question to governors though. If you are aggrieved by it you should make a grievance complaint about your team leader to the head.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  3. Gimenez2010

Gimenez2010 New commenter

Thank you for your opinion.

Aggrieved... timewarp ... making complaints against out leader ? No not at all. And yes I thoroughly agree that success should be acknowledged to those that deserve it but by using different methods.

I thought that this forum would consist of individuals used to receiving recent reports which is why I posted here.

We were just surprised at individuals being named and wondered if this is the norm ? Professional documents tend not mention individuals unless stating their position and or presence at meetings not on their performance and certainly in the past this has never been made public.