1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Names that cause teachers trouble

Discussion in 'Personal' started by deleted551, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Blazer is correct in many cases. Lots of 'old money' around. Like it or not, it's all part of life's rich tapestry.

2. Freedom of speach is a wonderful thing when it gives people enough rope to hang themselves with.

3. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

oh dear

4. Would you like me to pass the salt and vinegar for that chip on your shoulder?

5. Tha exceptions prove the rule. I said: 'had the potential' What were the other J names in your family? My sister has a J name, and a nephew. They are lovely - and one is a teacher.
    Celebrate your family's bucking the trend - and remember that this thread is mostly tongue in cheek!.

6. That was for RF not HBF....oh dear!

7. Very funny. Wish I had thought it!

8. Yeh I know, I'm a life long dyslexic... sorry about that.... so your going to be kept busy correcting my spelling mistakes :)

9. Are you still up, Alta? Worrying about your boy? Hope you had a good meal.
    Did you see my post about your offer to take me on a horse named Jake??
    Some people are taking this thread far too seriously. I met up with an old colleague today. Asked her about unusual names in current intake. She said there was a Paizley. And guess what: she (not my friend) has serious, as yet unpublicised problems.

10. That's very ad hominem and people usually do that when they have run out of ideas during a debate.

11. Run out of steam, I would imagine, not out of ideas.

12. You guys should take one step backwards and read what you write before you post.
    Judging by this quote you obviously think that there is a serious point here, that someone with a name like Paizley is more likely to have serious problems.
    We all know that there is a link between class and educational need and there is also a link between class and naming fashions. So what ? that should never blind us from the individuals that we are dealing with.
    I'm sorry but I dont see the funny side of all of this, flagging up a certian set of names in order re-enforce people's prejudices is not a laughing matter.

13. Yeh well... when your on a hiding to nothing running out of steam is a very easy thing to do.

14. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

'your' indeed

15. Actually I went to bed [​IMG]
    Yes Kinsa...I did see what you said about riding Jake and you know what, I hadn't actually made the obvious connection about his name (the horse that is!). Maybe horsey Jakes are better behaved than human Jakes? lol!! [​IMG]

16. Oh ***, it was late.....

Actually, the role will probably end up being trouble maker from what we've seen so far :)

Thanks for the welcome, have been lurking for a while now

Lisa

17. You wish, you supercilious count!

18. I worked with a boy who was returning to mainstream from his special school. The teacher called out from the register, 'Si An' and I thought surely that's Sian. The next teacher did the same and so on, so I can only conclude the parents were neither Irish nor educated!!