1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Names that cause teachers trouble

Discussion in 'Personal' started by deleted551, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Ha! Ha!
    Stop posting and go and clean your rancid fridge.

2. It is my earnest hope, once your adolescence has finally ended, that you peurile baiters get your comeuppance in the form of a humiliation at the hands of someone with a name that you have chosen to jeer at. In the meantime I leave you with this thought. Those people you abuse now will be the one's most likely to cause you anguish in the future. Happily I will never have to work with you or for you, so when tomorrow someone in your charge decides to confront your ignorant tyranny, don't think for a minute that the words you say or your alleged authority will be any protection to you in the future.
    I will now take this opportunity to thank you all for your contribution to my latest play, which will be generously punctuated with your wisdom and opinions. As Richard Littlejohn - no doubt one of your guru's - would say, you really couldn't make it up.

I hope today is as tough as you have made it, and that when you stand palpitating behind your unreasonable workload, pondering the limitations of professional development and wondering why you chose this career, think of those you have sneered at in this thread, sneering at you. Not because of your name, but because they are not so foolish to think themself better than you. I hope, for your sakes that they are at least compassionate enough not to have joined the lock-stop march to supremacy that usually ends up in the grim realisation you will face in that moment.
    We all get what we deserve in the end.

3. Samjam1

Samjam1 New commenter

[​IMG]
    I'd better go to bed - sometimes if I play on here too long I can't sleep all night and look a lot less sexy than my normal GORGEOUS self as a result.
    ( I am not mad, I am stupid and vapid as anyone who reads this stuff already knows).
    Just thought of another name by the way - anyone had a Tanisha?

4. Can I have a new kitten, please, please, please?

5. Samjam1

Samjam1 New commenter

Bloody Hell did you see that? He's back! God, you turn your back on the jewellery box for two minutes...

6. Hey up - he's back!! Will read it in the morning. Have to say, I do appreciate the vocabulary, but have the impression he has a Thesaurus by his elbow. Can't believe his name is Gary.

7. Samjam1

Samjam1 New commenter

Not you, Finisterre, the other one! Damn my slow typing!

8. Samjam1

Samjam1 New commenter

And you got in there first too Kinsa!

9. Samjam1

Samjam1 New commenter

By the way, has anyone read what gary just wrote?! It's proper alarming! Can you imagine what he'd be like if you dissed his mum or something? I really hope Altarego didn't tell him who she really is!! If she doesn't post anything tomorrow night, we should all be very concerned and send out a cyber search party.

10. No - but I have a Tonisha and a Tanicia!

11. I thought it was a bit grumpy.

12. Samjam1

Samjam1 New commenter

You're right! We must cheer him up. Hey Gazza - [​IMG]
    Bet the Tanisha variants are really fab. (Just in case they get angry and TAKE THEIR REVENGE).

13. I can beat that with 2 Astis (very sparkly) and a Shiraz. Waiting for a kid called Tetley or Master Brew to turn up. Nice kids all of them.Would Pinot Grigio be a boy's or a girl's name? or unisex?

14. Samjam1

Samjam1 New commenter

LOL! Perhaps these names are touching reminders for the parents of the circumstances of their childrens' conceptions? I would like to teach a Diamond White.

15. Would it be a good idea to produce a list of acceptable names - with correct spellings and throw parents who do not comply into jail?

16. Samjam1

Samjam1 New commenter

Yes. But proper posh ones aren't acceptable either. I wanted to call my baby boy Aloysius, and my mum wasn't having any of it. I'd just left uni, and was on benefits, and my mum said the phrase "Aloysius! Mummy's just going to cash her Giro!" would mark him out as different in some way. Also, it's a stupid name. I think I may have been suffering some sort of post-partum insanity.

17. 'may have' suggests your mental health issues are in the past. The commonest form of neurosis is in point of fact snobbery, which apparently has many forms.

18. Sandy - see my post above. If you only knew how many private school teachers contribute here. Have you looked at home schooling to protect little Johnny from real life?

19. It's ok...I went to bed. I am safe! The only thing our Gary knows is that I partly share his surname (yikes!) but that is only borrowed from a now obsolete marriage (not to HIM! ***....that WOULD be scary!).
    WEll Kinsa, he may have a thesaurus by his elbow but he really needs a copy of 'Eats, shoots and leaves' to sort out his apostrophes!
    Morning all :)'