1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Names for class groups?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by della10, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Hi,
    Does anyone have any good names for groups for my Rec/Y1 class? We had minibeasts last year but I fancy a change. I'm finding it tricky as we need names for 10 groups. (We have two parallel classes and group the children across the two classes). In the past, we've done the obvious colours and shapes. Can anyone think of anything a bit more interesting?
    Thanks

2. hurny

hurny New commenter

How about asking the chidren to come up with their own group names. You might have arguments over who gets the 'Ben 10s' and 'Toy Story', but it gives them an opportunity to compromise and they'll have 'ownership' of their group name.

3. I use the names of programmes and characters on Cbeebies- Teletubbies Tikkabillas In the midnight garden Ballamories Fimbles etc
    There are loads and you can change and choose one that you feel comforable or are currently popular with the children
    Littlestones

4. fulloffun

fulloffun New commenter

I've used the name of jewels,rubies,emeralds,topaz,opal,sapphire,diamonds etc
    also done flowers,animals,trees etc

5. Thanks. Some lovely ideas.

6. I used to do it according to my topic or what was current e.g films, but asking the kids to vote is a great idea. i did like the year i had the Sprouts group!!