1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Nail Varnish?!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by xsarah21x, Feb 16, 2011.

1. xsarah21x

xsarah21x New commenter

Sorry if this is a stupid question but Im applying for KS2 jobs and was just wondering if a bright nail varnish is ok to wear, nothing crazy but obviously manicured nails just look better!

2. Do you mean for an interview? I would probably go with plain nails for an interview. In school just see what others do/how relaxed the dress code is. I'm on placement and normally wear nail varnish but no other teachers seem to so i've been laying off for now!

3. Manicured, yes. Garish, no. As a general rule, err on the side of 'conservative' when dressing/making up for interviews. Smart, professional. Nobody can take offence at that. Being brighter/more jazzy may be fine with some interviewers, but some may take against you. Why take the risk?

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I can honestly say that I have never ever noticed an interviewee's nails.

But that probably means they weren't bright and garish or I would have.

Polished and manicured is fine. Bright would be good, if a normal nail polish colour but not if orange!