1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Nail studies, horse care and nationals for the chop?

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by winecuresall, Jan 31, 2012.

1. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/education-16789215

I see nail studies, diplomas in horse care and presumably ocr nationals are being axed from league tables. Not good for jobs, I think. Will schools still offer them if they don't count? Will I still have a job in September?

2. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

The Diploma has already cost me my job, insofar as I resigned following its introduction because I thought it was a pile of cack that was wrecking my subject's future. Good riddance to it.

3. robot1

robot1 New commenter

Why do you assume OCR Nationals (Cambridge Nationals) are not going to count in the league tables? Have you actually seen the list of the 70 courses that will count? If so please provide the link.

4. am after the same link, can not find the list of 70 anywhere as yet

5. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11247591/official%20quals_IN.pages

6. And as for analysis. Well, OCR Nationals is out. But the new Cambridge Nationals will meet the standards.

This isn't new news people.

7. The nationals are in the list titled:

<font size="3">"Qualifications that will be included in Performance Tables for the final time in</font><font size="3">2014</font>5

8. madcat

madcat Occasional commenter

Does that mean that our new 'horse manicurist' course is probably a non-starter ?

...any way, I found it interesting that half a dozen of the courses are for Latin.

oh yes and this link to "The List" works