1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Naan Bread

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by angiebabe, Nov 21, 2011.

1. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

I buy packets of small naan breads and usually freeze them and use as I need. However I forgot about some and was wondering how else I could use them apart from with curries. Any ideas?

2. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

I'd use them for any thick stew or casserole - especially spicy ones such as a tagine or a chilli type dish.
    I don't see a problem with using them to eat with any thick stew, though.

3. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

Yes I agree - mopping up the juices/gravy of a stew would be yum but I was wondering if there is anything else I can do with them. Thanks

4. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Our local kebab shop serves kebabs in naan.
    You could make shish kebab with spiced mince and wrap in your naan with some mayonnaise and salad. Or you could do a chicken kebab with grilled or fried pieces of chicken. I would enjoy that with lashing of garlic mayo!

5. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

Toasted sandwich
    Garlic bread
    Mini pizzas
    Dip into hummus

6. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

Just toast, slice into fingers and drizzle with butter. I remember eating a meal in a Turkish restaurant where they presented us with similarly arranged pitta bread whilst we perused the menu. It got us into the spirit of anticipating the meal right away. There must be 1001 ways to embellish this with herbs and spices or dips.

7. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

You can also use them as a base for an Indian style pizza, just top with tomato sauce, no oregano in it but maybe a hint of chilli, tandoori chicken and Indian cheese,paneer is it?