1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

N. Irish girl starting Moray House Edinburgh 2011 primary PGDE- needs advise on best affordable accommodation

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by b22, Feb 14, 2011.

1. b22

b22

Hello!

I'm starting my primary PGDE in Edinburgh at Moray House this August 2011 and am so confused about accommodation.I'm from N. Ireland and don't know anyone from Edinburgh and everything seems rather expensive compared to Belfast prices. Any advise would be great or if any other Moray House people are in a similar situation please feel free to contact me!

Thanks,

Rebecca

2. amysdad

amysdad Occasional commenter

3. piglet171

piglet171 New commenter

Put up an ad on edinburgh gumtree. Lots of students trying to sort out next years' accommodation at the moment so now's the time to act!

4. piglet171

piglet171 New commenter

Rents are very nexpensive! My daughter is moving out of a 5 bedroomed place. Can give you details if you get in touch.

5. piglet171

piglet171 New commenter

Oh yeah, just remembered Fraser Court (Part of Pollock Halls) have postgrad accommodation. Self-catering houses with 4 or 5 sharing. Might be worth investigating. Prob expensive but you get your internet access and heating/lighting for free.

6. b22

b22

yes that would be great (piglet171) to find out the details- email address is rlappin04@qub.ac.uk

thanks very much everyone for your help!! :)