1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mystery!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by angiebabe, May 7, 2012.

1. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

Has there been a thread pulled this afternoon about being aged14?

2. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

Has there been a thread pulled this afternoon about being aged14?

3. I suspect the OP had it pulled.

4. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

Well, people were pretty hard on her, weren't they?

5. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

She's breaking the law.
    Should we be nice about it?

6. dozymare1957

She asked for advice. She needs help. She has got herself into a situation and doesn't know how to deal with it.
    Yes, what she did was unwise to say the least of things but surely somebody could have given her some useful advice?
    If your child decides to have sex, bar locking them in their room, there isn't much you can do about it. If not in your home, they'll do it elsewhere. It's so hard being a mother. I think she was genuinely trying to keep her daughter safe.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Did you?

8. dozymare1957

NO, I'm useless! I couldn't think of anything. On the one hand I wanted to tell her to come down hard on her daughter like I did with mine but on the other I know what happened between my daughter and me because of this.
    I don't agree with her decision but I don't know what the solution is. Maybe if she'd posted before allowing her daughter to have her boyfriend sleep over we could all have advised her against this.
    When someone asks for help then telling her what a bad person she is isn't helpful. I can't help thinking that she logged in to check on her post hoping for lots of support and advice and read lots of comments about how awful she is. She must have felt terrible.
    Maybe I'm wrong but I do think we should all help people here rather than criticise, don't you?

9. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

I really dont think she is a bad person. I just thought she was dwelling too much on her own past and making judgements based on that and the success of her own marriage.
    I hope she is still reading this thread and getting good advice.