1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

My worst nightmare!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BelleDuJour, May 1, 2012.

1. katycustard

katycustard Occasional commenter

Hope you are feeling less shocked today Belle, and Mr.B is okay too.

2. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Mr Belle is getting a bit fed up now. He's back in surgery tomorrow and I so hope they will do the skin graft then. He'll be pretty bad tempered I guess if he comes round and finds out they're holding on until Tuesday.
    I'm pretty fed up too. I just want my husband home [​IMG]

3. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

Being in pain is horrible. Being is hospital is worse. Being in pain in hospital and so far from home? No wonder he's fed up. He must be missing you so much.

4. Are you able to take him in some nice food items.....? - to cheer him up. - a bit.
    A picnic basket perhaps........? or similar.
    and pro biotic drinks ...... those little bottles of live yog drinks. Will help his immune system.

5. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Yes. I've taken him his favourite mineral water, some Bendick's mints which he loves and other goodies. Today I was able to help him shower as he's got tubes in one arm and a dressing on the other, so he cannot shower himself. He felt much better after that. The novelty is wearing thin now, understandably, and he just wants the surgery over with................as do I.
    And yes, dozymare, he does miss me as I miss him. Hate it.

6. Just read all of this since Mr Belle's fall [​IMG]
    My goodness, how AWFUL!! (Wish I'd seen the picture)(When my dad was in a coma for 2 months with septicaemia and all sorts of other things I took loads of photos of him. He was very interested to see them when he came around, if he hadn't been I'd have deleted them. This is the beauty of digital media!) Now it's all over we still have them as a reminder of Dark Days.
    Tomorrow's the day. Hope he's home soon.