1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

My 'To Do 'list is breeding!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by zannar, Sep 12, 2011.

1. zannar

zannar New commenter

I am sure that when my back is turned a note about paperwork to be completed has a secret liaison with a note about planning. They then have the nerve to produce offspring named replies to parents, meetings, reviews and data![​IMG]

2. Lol! You've made me chuckle - which is no mean feat when my to do lists are reproducing at the same speed as yours it would seem. Don't remember starts of term being this stressful!

3. zannar

zannar New commenter

Just found another one lurking behind reviews. I think his name is IEP but he is a bit shy and reluctant to show himself in public.

4. Don't worry, he'll soon find his feet and start breeding with pupil progress meetings and tracking data. He's a sly one that IEP. Makes you think he's shy, then BOOM!

5. zannar

zannar New commenter

Chuckles. [​IMG]

6. You seem to have missed the cheeky chappie called class targets - he then has a tendency to procreate to create layered, group and individual target babies.[​IMG]

7. zannar

zannar New commenter

I just mislaid him for a while.I find him so irritating that I tend to put him in the corner for a bit but I often forget to let him back out.

8. zannar

zannar New commenter

Well I am off to bed now and I have left a few new additions in the cosy corner of my bag. The Maternity ward may be busy tonight.

9. He arrived in my class today in the hands of a child from another class. Display board in hall needs your literacy display. He's currently in the contemplation area.

10. Brilliant thread! This all just reminds me of how right I was to take early retirement.

11. zannar

zannar New commenter

Staff meeting resulted in the knowledge that the data clan were to be separated and fostered. We are anticipating clashes with new siblings as they fight for supremacy. Target is odds on favourite to win.

12. Well, its official, two of my classroom display boards have been very busy and are due with triplets, which are to be distributed to various places around the school.
    Just how many displays can you do in the first two weeks of term?!

13. Sillow

Sillow Senior commenter

I fear my To-Do list has run off with another teacher, as it was produced on the first day of term and hasn't been seen since.

14. I don't know about maternity wards but I am just about to have kittens.
    Inspection in a week. 11 displays are my responsiblity (small school) and my to do list is written in a book the size of the yellow pages!!!!!
    The real question here is - Do all the paper work impact on the children's learning?
    If we were allowed to put as much time into resourcing our lessons as we do all the paper work(which mainly ends up in the bin after one or two years) then we would have a life!
    Evidence, evidence, evidence
    Crazy, crazy, crazy

15. trichardsv, you keep your ******** paperwork for 2 YEARS!!!! Mine gets shredded every July! Your real question is the crux. If what you write down does not improve a child's learning, do not write it down.

16. zannar

zannar New commenter

Mine is now mutating into something I find difficult to categorise. I am in a quandry. Which file is it to go in or do I duplicate, triplicate or (I am stuck now is there such a word as quadruplicate) or do I just take pot luck and hpoe I can find it if asked? [​IMG]