1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

My School in China is Opening!

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Lana55, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Lana55

Lana55 New commenter

Heard from my colleague (another lucky foreigner who managed to get back into China before the ban) that the school will function as usual from early May.

Yet I cannot go because I am a foreigner.

2. Bill8899

Bill8899 New commenter

Hi Lana,
    Perhaps you may teach remotely? Use Zoom or Google or others?
    Maintain contact with the school. They cannot ban travel forever.

Lana55 likes this.
  3. TeacherMan19

TeacherMan19 Occasional commenter

It'll be interesting to see how schools deal with this issue. They won't want to pay people if they're not there. Sitting someone at the front of a class on a screen just won't be the same.
    But some schools might be lacking in staff and unable to cover. I imagine it will be alll hands on deck to try and pick up a shortfall or a rethink for those without the numbers.

I think some families will keep their children off school for a while longer - potentially more the younger end.

It's all quite higgledy-piggledy and I'm glad I'm not in management.

4. Lana55

Lana55 New commenter

Thank you, Bill8899. I am teaching online already using DingTalk. The school hasn't terminated my contract yet, but allowed me to continue on a reduced salary. I am as curious as anyone else to see how things will change in the near future .