1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

My rights ? Safeguarding

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by Teacher-in-Training42, Aug 5, 2017.

?

have you ever had safeguarding allegations made against your mental health

Poll closed Oct 5, 2017.
  1. Yes

10.3%
  2. No

89.7%
  1. Teacher-in-Training42

Teacher-in-Training42 New commenter

Hello

I have had safeguarding allegations made towards me regarding my mental health. I was wondering if someone has found a new position since the safeguarding allegations in a different setting can the training provider of the previous setting make this place aware of any allegations made if you are alr day working there? I don't have a new position yet but was thinking of getting one.

If you would prefer to private message me please do

2. Torey

Torey Occasional commenter

Were the allegations made just because you disclosed a MH condition or was there a specific incident?

Did you involve your union?

Did they involve Occupational Health and ask for advice?

How long ago did this happen?

3. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    crazypineapple likes this.
  4. Teacher-in-Training42

Hi can you private message please (I don't know how to start one)

5. Teacher-in-Training42

Can you pm me please. Don't want to answer on hear as it might give too much away , cheers

6. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

A PM (called a Conversation here) appears on the menu when you put your mouse pointer over your avatar at the top right of the screen

upload_2017-8-7_1-59-53.png

Click Conversations to start a Conversation

New posters are not able to start Conversations initially until they have established a satisfactory posting history so Conversations probably does not appear in your list of options yet. However you can reply to Conversations/PMs initiated by others.

I have PM'd you.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  7. Torey

Hi. The questions were worded so you just need to give a basic answer of yes/no and a date. That would be enough to give further advice. I wouldn't want you to share too much.

8. DYNAMO67

DYNAMO67 Lead commenter

You know my view from our conversation. Fight one battle at a time. Get the future of your training sorted first.

You really need to speak to your union. The training provider should have pushed you to join one. You can be given advice on here, but nobody is privy to enough info ( even me and we have been in conversation for a week via another thread) or has the requisite power to offer specific information

Flere-Imsaho likes this.
  9. Torey

My advice would be around which organisations (if any) would be worth contacting.

10. rolls

rolls New commenter

It is unclear whether you are a qualified teacher or still in training as your log in here suggests. People have quite rightly directed you towards your trade union but if you are a student then NUS through your university student union would be more appropriate.
    If you are referring to a 'safeguarding incident' then there should be an enquiry into what happened and this may affect your ability to teach depending upon the outcome.
    If there are 'safeguarding concerns' then this may be related to your ability to meet professional standards.