1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

my presentation topic for pgce interview,what are your views on my views??

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by hummi7883, May 13, 2011.

1. hummi7883

hummi7883 New commenter

Hi there
    well..i have an interview on the 20th may at goldsmiths for pgce physics
    i am told to prepare a presentation of 5 mins which highlights any 2 problems that the science teachers are facing today.
    i can use pp and also give out handouts...
    now the head in my school suggested 2 topics which i think i can use them.
    1)Budget cuts(like fewer equipments,less efficience etc)
    2)literacy( as my school is one of those inner london schoolswhere 70% students do not have english as their first language)
    now can u comment on these or if u think these are kind of boring topics?
    Any other topic that i missed ,,latest ones!!!! for science in particular...
    also,if i want to make handouts,what should be in there,some kind of statistics to my points or something else...?
    can i use phrases or any kind of quote in here...would that sound too pompous...(hehe)
    Kindly help plzzzzzz...
    thanks

secondly ....how do u address the interviewers at the start of the presentation?
    Any suggestions at this stage greatly accepted...

2. Consider carefully how you will present this making sure you engage the audience with a view to letting them see how you will interest your future students in the subject. Think about the purpose of your 'handouts' and always make sure the audience have something to do (a task) while they take part in your presentation.
    <u><strike></strike></u>