1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

My new favourite nibble

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Crystalsecrets, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Crystalsecrets

Crystalsecrets New commenter

For years i have loved the humble party sized sausage roll at Christmastime, but this year it has been well and truely replaced by the cheese and bacon twist!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/bacon_and_mature_cheddar_58920

I made some at the weekend and can't stop eating them, lol. I would recommend them to people looking for a really quick and simple snack idea, yumptious!

2. That sounds delicious

3. Saw the programme and this is on my Christmas "to make list"

4. SleighBelle

SleighBelle Occasional commenter

I made these yesterday- they are certainly yummy but I had real difficulty getting the *** off the greaseproof paper after baking. I had to bake them a little longer than the recipe states because the bottom pastry sections were uncooked after 25 minutes.
    Any tips, Crystal??

5. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Good to hear. I bought the book on offer in WHS last week.
    I have already done the roast pork and that was wonderful.

6. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

Used a good quality baking sheet (as in only a few weeks old). A quick nudge with the fish slice seems to help!
    I have just picked up a silicon mat type thing to see if that helps!

7. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Strips of roasted pepper on sun-dried tomato?

8. Thanks but those are both strong flavours and I'm not sure I would put them together without mozarella or something as a complement. I was thinking of something that would go with the original combo of cheese and mustard.