1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

My new class are...

Discussion in 'Primary' started by rainbowdrop86, Sep 7, 2011.

1. rainbowdrop86

rainbowdrop86 New commenter

SNAP! ive moved from 5/6 to year 2 and im shattered only after 1 day back with them!! thought things were going really well, untill this afternoon when it all went downhill. Probably was a bit adventurous getting the parachute out on the first day back!!! I gave them warnings, they continued there silly behaviour, so i took the parachute away, which of course meant that not everyone got their go! So the rest of the afternoon was sad angry children, pretty much scowling at me for being the scary horrible teacher! But im determined to crack them! They're a notorious class and need keeping a finger on, or maybe a very large hand!!

2. stuffedcrust

stuffedcrust New commenter

Same here! My first time out of Y6 and I'm in Y3. They are lovely but terrible FUSS POTS!

I'm pitching too high at the moment but I'll get used to it! (Never thought I'd be accepting one sentence as enough work!)

3. Sorry to gloat but I have Year 6 and they are all angels and I only have 21 of them! [​IMG]
    If Carlsberg did classes.........

4. Same here!!

5. All very small

redredred

6. Chuckled out loud whilst reading this! Am in exactly the same situation as you (Yr6 to 3). However, one of my superstars used brackets today in HIS writing. Obviously HE was sent up to year 6 to show my previous colleague! Boys writing ain't a problem in my class...

7. Phew! Feel so much better now - moved from 6 - 2 also and am loving it but finding the odd child who calls out and the general fidgeting too much. I too am pitching too high but I will get there...

8. Id expect more than 1 sentence from my Y2s, let alone Y3s! Dont let them pull the wool over your eyes :p

9. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

I wouldn't expect more than a sentence from some of my year 2s! Some of them really seem to struggle with writing. However I think I too am pitching a bit too high at the moment. I asked them today "How can you show me you're listening to me?" and the answer came back "Because i'm listening?!" about 500 times! aaargh.

10. Did supply in one school where you could definitely tell the class teacher had had it with the pointless incessant tale-telling and fussing. The class rules, carefully printed at the start of the year had had an ammendment clause added defining fussing and warning it was subject to the behaviour system in the same way as other rule breeches - warning>name on board etc. I had to smile and understood fully within 10 minutes of having the class what had driven her to this hurriedly scrawled addition to things!

11. A couple of years ago I had to declare my class a 'fuss free zone', I banned fussing, they soon got out of the habit.

12. My new class are....
    ....immature, even for their year group.

13. Cervinia

Cervinia Occasional commenter

Fussy.

14. Nice, quoted than last years even though I have 8 more! They enjoyed story time at the end of the day,

15. Mine are unsettled after 3 new additions (2 of which were 'asked to leave' previous schools). Will hope to have a calmer atmosphere in a couple of weeks.

16. Grandsire

Grandsire Occasional commenter

My new class are...
    ...reminding me why I love this job. Fantastic!

17. My new class are...
    Nice, but a bit chatty at times. They lost 3 mins of playtime today because they couldn't shut up!

18. clangercrazy

clangercrazy New commenter

My new class are...
    year 6! argh! And all so BIG and TALL! I feel so small! They are lovley though. Gone from year 4 (who seemed much smaller....) to year 6 and am probably pitching a little too low... but am getting there![​IMG]

19. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

...really quite lovely.
    Enthusiastic, well-behaved, eerily quiet when working, well-mannered...and almost disconcertingly bright.
    I can see I'm going to be having fun with this lot, and will be taking a few risks with things I wouldn't dream of doing with other classes.
    I fully feel I deserve it, after the lunatics I had last year. So refreshing not feeling as if I'm about to drop at the end of each day.

20. Totally agree. The only children to give me one sentence would be SEN. I would expect my class at the end of the year 2 going into year 3 to be writing several paragraphs.