1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

My Moroccan Lamb needs help!

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by angiebabe, Jan 1, 2011.

1. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

Happy New Year All!

Well I have the gang coming around tomorrow and I've decided to make Moroccan Lamb. I've made it before for myself, roughly following recipies and tips on here.
    I'm now doing larger portion and somehow it just doesn't seem to taste that spicey. I've added lots of spices, cumin, smoked paprika, tumeric, cinnamon, garlic, chili etc. (not really sure about portion control, I've just guessed) but it still lacks that bit of a kick. I've also added some dried apricots for the first time.
    Can anyone suggest what to do to zing it up or should I just let it sit for a while and hope the flavours blend together and strengthen?

2. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Have you got any coriander? A large spoonful plus some chopped fresh will spice it. Also garlic and onion.

3. if you are making it tonight for tomorrow you will find that the flavours develop overnight. However, if it still needs a kick you could try adding a little harissa paste - carefully, it can be very hot - until you get the flavour you want.

4. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

Thanks, but harissa paste? I really didnt want to go out to the supermarket again.
    As for corriander, I have added some fresh already but can add more tomorrow. It already has oinion and garlic as part of the base.

5. I can understand that! Invest in some for the future though next time you are out.

6. henriette

henriette New commenter

could be a silly question......salt and pepper?

7. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

Not that silly a question for me as I seldom use salt! Lots of black pepper though and when I have guests I try to remember to add salt[​IMG]