1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

My Life in Books

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ResourceFinder, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Oo, thanks - didn't know about this show.

Have been watching 'Faulks on Fiction' though, and love it. I thought the most recent one was excellent - the programme featured snobs. Next week it's villains.

2. Was tempted but would rather have a different host. Did Anne Robinson actually listen to the people she was interviewing?

3. This was why I posted

I missed the first 5 mins because I had thought ... no way with AR ... but then I thought ooooooo PD James so switched on .... Anne was ok, interested and knowledgeable

[​IMG]

4. I'm watching it now on iplayer. Lovely programme. Agree that AR is not as irritating as I had supposed. PD James is amazing - and I've never read any of her books but might do now based on her character/personality. Found Richard Bacon a bit irritating and patronising to PD James. Although, if I'm being nice, I think he was a bit embarrassed and felt out of his depth next to her.
    I just think it's fabulous to have a TV show where it's just people talking about books. So simple but so lovely.

5. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

I like to read books. I don't like pompous pricks telling me how wonderful they are.

6. Thanks for your input, Jacob

7. grumpy jacob!
    I like to read books and have no objection to anyone, pompous or not, telling me about books I might otherwise not have considered reading.