1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

My Horrible Day

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by pepper5, Nov 24, 2015.

1. smurphy6

smurphy6 Lead commenter

Thank you for your responses to my latest post, I appreciate them more than you could ever know. I realise that I don’t know any of you in real life and that this is an anonymous Internet forum but I feel amongst friends here on this thread and it comforts me. She had a peaceful night and now we are waiting to find out if the hospice has a bed for her today.

2. Deirds

Deirds Senior commenter

HI Smurphy, I hope they find a hospice space. Take care . You have had a really difficult time.

3. gingerhobo48

gingerhobo48 Star commenter

I’m really sorry to hear that(((HUGS))).
    You know it’s coming but it’s still a shock and you are never ready:(.Glad she is getting quality care.

4. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

Hi smurphy6

Take care. We are all thinking of you.

Prayers and hugs xx

agathamorse and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  5. copycat

copycat Senior commenter

Smurphy6 I have only just seen your post and know exactly how you feel. As Lara says the 'rallying' is the hardest part and I hope your dear mum is now settled in the hospice where I believe the care is amazing and hopefully will give you comfort too.
    Thinking of you.

6. greeneyes

greeneyes Occasional commenter

I know it’s not a lot but hugs to you @smurphy6

7. historygrump

historygrump Star commenter Forum guide

Smurphy, I wish to echo all the sentiments posted, my thoughts are with you.

8. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Star commenter

@smurphy6, thinking of you at this toughest and saddest of times. I lost my mum 11 years ago, and this very last bit is so hard. Hope it brings some small comfort to know lots of people on here are thinking of you. Sending a hug (( )).

Thanks everyone for your good wishes after my visit to dad. Listening to the news tonight, a 'real' visit seems like it might be possible very soon.

9. The-Gaffer

The-Gaffer Occasional commenter

10. lynneseptember

lynneseptember Senior commenter

Smurphy, my thoughts are also with you at this very difficult time.
    I do hope the hospice has found a bed for your Mum.

11. smurphy6

smurphy6 Lead commenter

God bless you all for your kind words to me.

My darling mum is now in the hospice, when awake she is very confused and is now incontinent. The cancer has her completely in its grip now. My beautiful, gentle mum is ready to be free of this world, if only her body would release her. I pray it happens soon. We had plans, she has only just turned 73.

12. lynneseptember

lynneseptember Senior commenter

Oh bless you, smurphy. It's so difficult and cruel. Watching our Parents struggle and weaken is so hard, especially when still comparatively young.

pepper5 and agathamorse like this.
  13. gingerhobo48

Yes, this, very well articulated:).

pepper5, agathamorse and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  14. gingerhobo48

I’m glad you managed to get her to a hospice.I do not have experience of this as my parents died quickly.
    You have done so well by your mum and this will give you some comfort in the future.She is in the best place to manage her needs as they are now , and to make her comfortable.You may not feel it but you will find the strength to be there for your mum and your sister.

pepper5 and agathamorse like this.
  15. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

So glad they've managed to find a hospice place for your Mum. I remember when f-i-l was end-of-life with his 4 cancers they apparently had 1 bed and 6 candidates on the two wards and we were so grateful he was picked to go first. (He only lasted 4 days so they probably knew the bed would shortly become available again.)
    The hospice was so much better an environment and I know when we took m-i-l in they helped her 'feel' her husband's face , as she was blind and rolled him into a position where she could hold his hand from her wheelchair. I know the hospital would not have done that.

73 does seem young these days.:(

pepper5, gingerhobo48 and agathamorse like this.
  16. BertieBassett2

BertieBassett2 Star commenter

@smurphy6 I can't better what other posters have put - you have done the very best for your mum and she is certainly in the right place now. Yes, 73 is no age these days -that's four years older than my brother, who looks and acts ten years younger, runs his own business and is fit as flea. Life is so arbitrary and unfair. Hugs, paws and purrs.

17. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

Hi smurphy6

Glad your mum is being well taken care of.

Take care smurphy6.

Sending prayers and hugs.

Xx

18. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

The weather here is bright this morning but with a gentle breeze taking the edge off the heat.

Mr P is going out later with us brother, but I am staying home to rest and potter plus do a few chores.

This month, I have walked 90 miles which is an achievement bearing in mind I couldn't walk without a limp this time last year.

God has been faithful to help and provide.

I don't know if I mentioned this before but there is a book which I enjoy using for daily Bible readings. It is titled 'I Am With You' by Fr John Woolley.

It has a lot of encouraging words of inspiration.

Have a blessed day everyone no matter where you are.

19. Chesters8

Chesters8 New commenter

Your walking achievement is impressive @pepper5 and will be making you very fit. You have also completed another week at work which is good. Enjoy your weekend and some relaxation.

Hope you are ok @smurphy6. Thinking of you.

20. peakster

peakster Star commenter

It's been a really pleasant morning here - with a bit of a breeze as well. In such a contrast to the miserable weather we have had for the last few days.