1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

My girl has TB!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by polly.glot, Feb 14, 2012.

1. polly.glot

polly.glot New commenter

For people of my generation, this was a death sentence...though I know it's easier to treat these days. But I can't help worrying terribly about my lovely daughter, so far away in London....Am I being silly?

2. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

My neighbour's little boy caught it, I think on a foreign trip. He was treated in the UK and survived.

3. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

unless it is a resistant variety she should be treatable with modern drugs.i do hope she is ok xx

4. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

I hope she's okay xx if it is any conolation when I went up to GPs for jabs to go to Korea, Nurse noticed that I had not had my BCG jab, and was totally unfased by it. they don;t keep the immunisations locally anymore just in London, and he would had to have sent for one. He said Ihe could if I wanted to, but he wouldn't be worried as it was easily treatable. I do hope that reassures you somewhat. xx

5. I think it takes a while to treat, these days and she will be advised to take care of herself but she should be fine - in time.
    Its silly to say but try not to worry too much.

6. polly.glot

polly.glot New commenter

Thank you so much for the reassurance ...it's not easy when she is 12,000 miles away...You are lovely people.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

That is so hard and I do sympathise with you. I hope she will quickly respond to treatment. Have you and she got Skype so that you can see each other as you chat?

8. Cestrian

Cestrian New commenter

Miss C has had to be re-checked for TB immunity in order to carry on her Nursing degree, as the blanket immunisation programme had been stopped when she was in High School. They did the immunity test and to her delight she was still protected (from childhood I suppose) - if not she would have just had the booster. Hope your daughter recovers soon - a friend had suspected TB after some voluntary work in India, he had to take tablets but was never ill and the x-rays cleared pretty quickly as I remember.
    C