1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

My first guide camp since 1997

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Milkandchalk, May 15, 2011.

1. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

I have been asked to help out with a local division camp (It's not my division but they needed extra adults) and I am actually quite excited to be camping again after such a long time of not camping. We just take our Brownies away to a house with bunk beds so it's nice and easy.
    I've been emailed the kit list now and I'm realising there's several things that I don't have. Can anyone recommend a decent roll mat?
    I will have to go and dig out my camp blanket and get it updated!

2. karentee

karentee New commenter

check out the self inflating air beds which are really good, much better than a roll mat and not much bigger

3. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

Oh Good Grief.

4. Milkandchalk

Is there a problem lardy legs?

5. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

Yeah go for an airbed.... I could tell I was getting old a few years back when kipping on the cold floor of a tent nealry killed me :p

6. Milkandchalk

Thanks. I've been looking online at the self inflating ones. Too lazy to pump one up!

7. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

Just get a non-inflatable one (cheaper) and get the Guides to pump it up. Just tell one of the keen ones that they can get a badge. [​IMG]

8. inky

inky Lead commenter

It's common knowlege that guides aremore masochistic tahn scouts.

Personally, I prefer the French 'everything but the kitchen sink' approach to camping. Bed rolls? Not on your nelly!