1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

My favourite day of half term...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by found nemo, Feb 20, 2011.

1. ...is today. Being able to enjoy a Sunday without a) a mountain of work to tackle and b) no feeling of impending Monday morning doom. Today I shall mostly be relaxing and looking after ME!

2. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

Isn't it marvellous!!!

3. catmother

catmother Star commenter

No half term uphere but enjoy.

4. Victoria Plum

Victoria Plum New commenter

I love this day too! I went out last night and partook of rather a bit of vodka!! Luckily I feel okay today but I couldn't have risked it if I'd been at work tomorrow with a boat load of planning to do!! At least I know I CAN spend the afternoon on the sofa feeling sorry for myself if I need to! :)

5. I love the first sunday of a holiday too! I'm going to have a wander round the park, maybe pootle in a few shops and then spend the rest of the day watching satc on the sofa!

6. This half term I've even remembered to turn off the alarm before it wakes me up at silly o'clock tomorrow morning!

7. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Same old here. No work tomorrow, but still shedloads to do: clean up, fix the back gates that were shagged in the last big wind, do the shopping. I couldn't even have a cup of coffee this morning because daughter had consumed all the milk. GRRRRR! And I have all her washing to do. Every bloody thing is black (or was, now scruffy and sludgy)

8. same here,loving this lazy sunday.[​IMG]
    this time at normal school days i will be sitting down to start school work. but today [​IMG]

9. I love the first weekend of the half term too.
    Yesterday we went to visit our friends' new house and I was able to properly relax all day as I wasn't running on school stress!
    Then today I have spent some time cleaning. I actually enjoy cleaning when it is half term as I know I still have other days to rest and relax!

10. henriette

henriette New commenter

why not?

11. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Because the Scottish holiday pattern is different from the English one. Our next proper holiday is the Spring break ( first 2 weeks of April)

12. henriette

henriette New commenter

I thought you still got a mid-term break ?

13. catmother

catmother Star commenter

That's a funny one which varies from Council to Council. In my LA,schools were shut last Monday(therefore a day off for teachers) and the Friday before/Tuesday after were insets days. Therefore pupils got more days offs. The region next to where I teach (and where I actually live) varies. They have insets too but the Monday off for everyone. However,they often put another local holiday day with it,therefore teachers get another day off.