1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

My Dream Job

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by mcphie58, May 2, 2012.

1. mcphie58

mcphie58 New commenter

I have to do a 'roughly 10 minute' presentation in response to the following question:
    "What does the phrase 'Use appropriate evidence to evaluate support and its impact on learning for pupils with SEN' mean to you?
    As the interview is for what I consider my dream job I don't seem to be able to get my head round it.
    I'm struggling with the wording of the phrase. I just need a little help...

2. mcphie58

mcphie58 New commenter

I have to do a 'roughly 10 minute' presentation in response to the following question:
    "What does the phrase 'Use appropriate evidence to evaluate support and its impact on learning for pupils with SEN' mean to you?
    As the interview is for what I consider my dream job I don't seem to be able to get my head round it.
    I'm struggling with the wording of the phrase. I just need a little help...

3. Hi, hope all goes well during your presentation! Appropriate evidence usually refers to data and targeting pupils with SEN seems to be the focus here. You'll need to talk about looking at current interventions, referring to assessment data and evaluating the impact of the interventions - also have some ideas up your sleeve to offer for alternatives if current ones aren't working. Talk about progress of these pupils and if it's 'rapid' or steady.

Remember 2 sub levels progress a year is the required recommendation although with SEN it may not be achieved - think about why: 'barriers to learning.'

Hope this helps

4. Figmo

Figmo New commenter

I translate that as meaning evaluating support in the classroom and how effective it is in improving learning for SEN pupils. How do you use support in your classroom, what are the benefits/potential problems with having support in the room. Does it impact on the learning of SEN pupils.
    I think!

Good luck.

5. mcphie58

mcphie58 New commenter

Hi, thanks for your help. I was thinking about intervention strategies etc but the actual wording of the phrase just didnt 'read right' to me! I had started to think how can I do a presentation when I can't make sense of the phrase - luckily my self-esteem is still intact (with help from you)
    thanks once again - will let you know how it goes -

6. mcphie58

mcphie58 New commenter

Hi, thank you for your translation. The more I looked at the phrase - the more it just didnt make sense!
    I will let you know how I get on, thanks again