1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

My cv and cover letter

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by maireadmairead, Feb 5, 2012.

1. maireadmairead

maireadmairead New commenter

Dear All,

I'm just wondering would any experts out there be willing to have a glance over my CV and letter of application and critique them for me. I'm aware that Theo does not do this, perfectly understandable. But is anyone else able to?

I would really appreciate it so much, I feel all in a muddle trying to sort out the letter, I feel like I'm repeating my CV

Thank you!

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Why do you have a CV? Have the schools you've been interested in applying to asked for CVs?

3. maireadmairead

I'm applying internationally. They all ask for CVs

4. Middlemarch

Fair enough - you may understand that I asked because some UK applicants think they need one (and, indeed are sometimes told so by University tutors!), when they don't.

5. maireadmairead

Yeah I understand that, thanks for checking anyway

I don't suppose you're offering to take a look at them? ;-)

6. Try...

TES Application Review Service
    Career | Published 17 March, 2010

Rating:5 average rating
    Last Updated:20 January, 2012
    Section:Career
    For many candidates producing an impressive CV and selling themselves in the covering letter does not come easily.

Our team can advise you on the application paperwork. This service will review your CV/application form and covering letter/personal statement and offer constructive advice on how to make it stand out for all the right reasons and give you the best chance of being shortlisted.

Applications are returned with tracked changes and comments and a short summary giving general feedback on the application.

Three levels of service

Standard
    Provides suggestions for improving your application, including the supporting statement, content and layout. The service also includes a spelling and grammar check to save any embarrassment.
    Cost: £50 (inc VAT) for a turnaround in seven working days

Premium
    Advice on how your application should be tailored to meet a specific job description and person specification, plus general suggestions on how to improve your application including layout. The service also includes a spelling and grammar check.
    Cost: £70 (inc VAT) for a turnaround in seven working days

Express
    A 48-hour turnaround service for our basic or premium services
    Cost: Basic Express £70 incl VAT; Premium Express £95 incl VAT

Next Steps

Complete the order form and email it to advice@tes.co.uk Attach your application - saved as a Word document - and any supporting material. If you are opting for the premium service, please send the relevant job description/ person specification.

The TES Career Advice Service will call to confirm your booking and to take a credit/debit card payment

7. Middlemarch

I've just done it for her for free, opendoors.