1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

My children are at the school where I am on strike ...

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by notasstressedasilook, Jun 24, 2011.

1. notasstressedasilook

notasstressedasilook New commenter

can I still take them in? Thanks.

2. R13

R13 New commenter

Do what is right for you as a member of staff and what is right for your kids as a parent.

3. I have the same problem! Our school is shut and TA's who have children at the same school have been told that they cannot bring their children in. They have to make alternative childcare arrangements. Luckily I have been able to, but I know some who haven't been able to!

4. So if they cannot make alternative arrangements, do they get a paid day off? I wouldn't be able to. I don't know yet if our school is open and I can't imagine my son being too impressed if he has to come to school with me if everyone else is off!

5. I'm not sure what I'm going to do either.I'm not going to bring mine in.I'll just have to ask what happens if I can't get childcare arrangements.

6. flickaz

flickaz New commenter

We've been given guidance that states children are not to be brought into school; alternative childcare arrangements should be made. If this is not possible any nonstriking staff may take a days unpaid leave.

7. Oh yes, sorry. I think I would still send mine in as long as their class teachers' weren't striking. I wouldn't send them in to be babysat by other parents or sit in the hall watching dvds!