1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

My bank this morning - 'NO ATTEMPT HAS BEEN MADE BY TES TO MAKE A PAYMENT'

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by EC_Resources, Jun 10, 2019.

1. EC_Resources

EC_Resources Occasional commenter

As a staunch defender of Tes - for years - seriously - I cannot rationalise this.

Why were we told our money would be transfered Friday and our banks are tellling us nothing is pending and no attempt has been to make a payment?

Why were we told any delay would now be on our bank's side? According to them, this is simply not true.

My child's nursery fees are now late and I may have to pay a fee. I've been in my overdraft for a week now and fees are adding up. This is people's lives you're messing with here.

The worst thing about this is I have to post this in a public forum as there is no other way of getting communication across quickly and getting a response without waiting for days.

What is going on??

2. EC_Resources

3. Lead_Practitioner

Lead_Practitioner New commenter

Utterly disgusting

4. Jane Austen

Jane Austen New commenter

Tes continues to behave exactly how it wants and to h*** with us; the people who earn a lot of money for them.

5. EC_Resources

We've been paid for last week now. Hope everyone else has too.

6. tesAuthorTeam

tesAuthorTeam Administrator Staff Member TES Authors' forum host

We sincerely apologise for delays you have experienced with payments over the last week. Due to unforeseen circumstances, payments requested over the last week have suffered delays which the team worked diligently to rectify before the end of Friday. Unfortunately the submission of payments at the end of Friday suffered delays of confirmation with our payment partner which we are assured has taken place this morning. This means that domestic (UK) payments should now be processed efficiently by your respective bank during their working hours.

We hope to avoid delays like this with all future transactions.

[Richard]

7. Lead_Practitioner

Lead_Practitioner New commenter

Thanks for this but not one of us received a message that said there would be delays going into Monday or Tuesday, only that any further delays would be due to our banks. Particularly with anything to do with payment, we all need communication and updates when something significant changes because many of us rely on those payments in terms of our finances.

A1EnglishResources likes this.
  8. blue451

blue451 Occasional commenter

I'm a firm believer that late payments should automatically accrue charges, enough to at least cover any bank charges suffered by the person who wasn't paid on time. It would help to focus minds, perhaps.