1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

My balls have not dropped.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Aquamarina1234, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Again.
    I was so looking forward to £170m.
    Gutted.

2. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

Nevermind, better luck next time...*thought you'd been juggling with Kevin.

3. ms honey

ms honey New commenter

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow's draw, got a lucky dip

4. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

We just have numbers for the Saturday draw. Very rarely win anything. That win this week was MASSIVE.

5. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

I excitedly checked my numbers but it wasn’t me :(

6. Laphroig

Laphroig Lead commenter

I’m female so I don’t think my balls will ever drop.

ViolaClef likes this.
  7. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

I had incomplete droppage.

8. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Mine didn't drop either.........................I was going to share with you @Aquamarina1234 had they dropped!

9. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

I don't think I'd know what to do with that amount of money.

catmother likes this.
  10. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Me neither.

I would just want enough to allow my husband to retire,get a nicer house than the one we have (nothing ostentatious just a big bigger with some character),get furniture that doesn't come from Argos and have enough to be able to spend 3/4 months of the year in France (maybe have a small house or flat there). I don't want fancy holidays just be able to spend spring/summer at the beach I love.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  11. needabreak

Keep juggling!

12. cassandramark2

cassandramark2 Established commenter

I received an email this morning informing me that I’d won a prize...

...£5.50. The 2 minutes it took me to log in was pretty exciting before the truth dawned that, yes, I’d be going into work for a 5 period day followed by an Ofsted briefing:(.

13. needabreak

Could be worse, mine was £3.60 a week ago.

lindenlea likes this.
  14. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Gosh.....I had £8.50!
    *feeling flush*

needabreak likes this.
  15. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

The chances of being a lady of the opposite sex and actually having your balls drop (as in the Greek Philosopher Testicles) are probably lower than your chances of actually winning the friggin' lottery!

16. needabreak

Depends on how good you are at multitasking, some would say we are exceptionally good at it so rarely if ever drop our balls as you suggest.

17. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

I would like to support the concept that a woman* has the right to have her balls drop whether or not she actually has balls of the testicular variety or not (or otherwise).

*or other gender.

18. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

It's a deal!

needabreak likes this.
  19. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

There are always good causes that could make use of some of it.

I expect everyone has spent a moment or two pondering what they would do with a huge lottery win. I'm of an age where I've learned that material goods hold little value compared to the satisfaction you could get by giving life-changing experiences to people in need of something positive in their lives.

Here's an example.

In my heyday, I had an engineering business, which by virtue of the products we produced, was highly profitable. It's a long story how I came to start it and how I came to need staff to produce the goods. A longer story still how I came to realise I would never find the staff I needed unless I passed on the skills I had to people willing to learn to think the way I did, about the products we were making.

I ended up, more out of desperation than anything else, approaching the Jobcentre for suitable candidates and found to my surprise, that I was able to get a couple of really keen kids, gifted with an abilility to listen to what I taught them, gifted with an affinity with machinery, something that is more instinctive than can be easily explained.

Let me try though.

It's one thing to pass a driving test. It's quite another to be a Formula 1 champion. The F1 champion has an affinity with the machine he's driving that the **** who imagines he can drive like Louis Hamilton lack, which is why so many of them end up getting scraped up off our motorways.

The kids I employed were deemed by both their education system and the Jobcentre to be unemployable, yet they became the best investment I ever made.

They all came from troubled backgrounds. Failed by their education, yet found their vocation and ability to achieve in an enviroment that didn't punish them for their academic results and encouraged their vocational abilities.

If I had a million spare quid, rather than waste it on diamonds for my sweetheart, who isn't any less undeserving of them than Elizabeth Taylor was, I'd put the money into a business where all the profit was spent on giving kids a chance denied them by their families and their schools.

It wouldn't be a charity. It would be an opportunity for youngsters with vocational skills to be able to develop them in a way that isn't currently possible in the Mickey Mouse education system we now have.

20. needabreak

I agree, stop juggling and drop the bloody balls, see how your job and family if you have one (and I include our four legged friends) fair then.