1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

My bag of school work...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by captain oats, Feb 24, 2011.

1. captain oats

captain oats New commenter

...is still in the boot of my car. I have been enjoying half term far too much!

2. captain oats

captain oats New commenter

...is still in the boot of my car. I have been enjoying half term far too much!

3. A man after my own heart. Mine also.[​IMG]

4. A cautionary tale: the night before my (old-style) Ofsted observation I carefully stashed Lesson Of The Year in the boot of my car, ready for an early start the next day. During the night my car was nicked.

5. I once had a car nicked with a bootful of un-marked coursework

Was still there when the b@stards deserted it

6. Double whammy!

7. There is paperwork ( tail chasing variety) in my bag that needs completing before I go in to school next week. If it went missing, I would not cry. On the other hand , if the car went missing, I would be somewhat more concerned.

8. bedingfield

bedingfield New commenter

My bag of work is still sitting in the hall. I keep telling myself that there isn't that much that is urgent to do.
    And after all there are still 3 days to go...

9. sep2

sep2 New commenter

Yes mine is in the hall, going to get dressed and have a rumage in it :(.

I try not to leave things in the car after a teacher had her car stolen with lots of sets of books and coursework in it.

10. Bah - all my paperwork is on my desk...
    ...right in front of me, right now.
    On a more positive note, it's nearly finished. [​IMG]

11. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Started on my bag on Monday morning, got called home for a funeral Monday afternoon, got back VERY late Wednesday night (or was it Thursday morning?!). I'll dedicate a few hours to it tomorrow afternoon.

12. I am now feeling incredibly smug having spent some time finally starring and wishing the 30 pieces of writing that have been staring at me all week.
    If only I had done it on Monday so that I spent the week feeling smug, rather than worrying about having work to do but not doing it!

13. Victoria Plum

Victoria Plum New commenter

... is scattered all over my living room. After a few days of R & R I decided I REALLY needed to do some work today. MUST GET ON WITH IT!!!

14. I am sick sick sick of marking English GCSE coursework from children who have no understanding of the word "concise." Why do they think if they write 10 pages of drivel they will get a good grade?

AAAAGGGGGHHHHH!

OK I feel slightly better for that. [​IMG]

15. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

I've just started on my marking pile. I have a system. I start my marking 4 then having a break, after a while it slips to marking 3 before a break, then 2, finally 1 until eventually the breaks take over[​IMG]
    Which wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have a 2 day maths course this weekend[​IMG]
    Thankfully we don't go back until Tuesday!

16. My system is one table group at a time.
    The last group is always the hardest to get through!
    I had plans to make some resources this half term....that has gone completely out of the window! All I need to do is cut and laminate while I am watching the tv but it is so much more fun to just sit and watch tv [​IMG]

17. I totally caned my marking over last weekend and the beginning of this week. I am, for once, up to date but it was a marathon. I've now got to tackle some internal verification (BTEC L3) and finish the AS/A2 revision materials I've been working on then I'm ready for Monday.
    I quite like marking when I can do it uninterrupted - just wish I could do it like this during term time!

18. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

My load isn't too bad - I did get all of my KS3 and KS4 stuff done in school last week so its only my KS5 (although there'e enough of it!) - I'm sure it just looks like more than it is!

19. It's not the marking... it's the planning- Gah! Did a tiny bit on Thursday & was meant to do some today but a walk & a pub lunch & cuppa with friend was much more inviting, ah well only all the subjects to do[​IMG]

20. PFF - I spent a good bit of today doing the EXACT same thing!! Took bloody ages, some of my more able wrote six pages bless 'em! Rewarded myself with a VERY long late lunch involving wine and cocktails!